The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) mandates all public utility vehicle (PUVs) operators and passengers to use the StaySafe.ph contact tracing mobile app.
This is effective through the recent issuance of the Memorandum Circular No. 2021-041, approved through the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) Resolution No. 87, series of 2020.
It states that all PUV operators must comply within 30 days with the following guidelines:
- Register to StaySafe.ph app and create their QR code
- Display the QR code at the entrance door and inside PUVs where passengers can easily see it
- Require all passengers to use the code
- Make sure that the data is available to the LTFRB when needed
- Coordinate with the StaySafe.ph regarding data and information collection for contact tracing.
Furthermore, the LTFRB warned that violating the provisions will be met with a penalty, such as fines and their CPC or PA removal.
The StaySafe.ph app is available for download on Android and iOS.