In the first quarter of 2021 alone, Globe customers have donated a generous PHP 3.4 million worth of Rewards points to aid those in need amid the ongoing pandemic.
The following handouts allow continued support to 55 indigent cancer patients and bring meals, accommodations, and personal protective equipment (PPE) for frontliners at the Philippine General Hospital.
The contribution will also help elderly priests and brothers, help facilitate the training of mental health frontline responders, aid in the purchase of polio vaccines for children under the care of Rotary Foundation, and support the child welfare and disaster response programs of ABS-CBN Bantay Bata.
Furthermore, the funds will also provide 462 public school teachers with connectivity under the Brigada ng Ayala program and 51 marine conservation kits and learning materials to youth leaders.
Globe will provide over 200 packed meals to underserved families in Metro Manila, plant more than 1,000 indigenous trees in Mindanao, and provide medical care to 555 rescued animals.
Current partners and their respective advocacies supported by Globe Rewards are:
- ABS-CBN Foundation – Supports children under the care of Bantay Bata 163 and Sagip Kapamilya’s relief and rehabilitation efforts
- Ayala Foundation – Provides internet connectivity to public school teachers
Hineleban Foundation – Restores the primary forests of Bukidnon and Lanao del Sur
- JCI Manila – Beautifies the walled city of Intramuros through Philippine native trees
- Moments with Father Jerry Foundation – Supports the elderly and sick priests and brothers under the Society of the Divine Word (SVD)
- Natasha Goulbourn Foundation – Assists in the operations and training of new frontline responders for the 24/7 hotline for suicide prevention and emotional crisis
- Philippine Animal Welfare Society Philippines – Aids in medical treatments of rescued animals
- PGH Medical Foundation – Helps provide much-needed support for our healthcare frontliners and COVID-19 patients.
- The Rotary Foundation – Supports efforts to eradicate polio worldwide
Save Philippine Seas – Educates children on the wonders of marine biodiversity
- Walang Iwanan Alliance – Provides meals and nutrition to underserved families within Metro Manila
Reward points have worth as cash for customers to use in exchange for food, shopping, health and wellness, transportation, and even entertainment. Download the Globe Rewards app for free at https://glbe.co/GRewardsApp.