Acronis announced a new advanced protection pack for its Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: Advanced File Sync and Share.
Advanced File Sync and Share pack builds on the essential file-sharing capabilities included in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud. This allows layering additional data security capabilities such as blockchain-based data notarization and electronic signatures so service providers can strengthen their workplace collaboration services.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud gives essential cyber protection capabilities to managed service providers (MSPs) that they can build their services on – including file sync and share on a pay-as-you-go basis.
“Unlike traditional file sharing solutions that are not built for service providers, Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud with Advanced File Sync and Share delivers a secure work collaboration service that empowers MSPs with multi-tiering and multi-tenancy,” said Jan-Jaap “JJ” Jager, Board Advisor and Chief Revenue Officer at Acronis.
Acronis Advanced File Sync and Share’s Verification Blockchain and Multiple eSignature
In addition, the new Advanced Files Sync and Share pack empower them with enhanced data security that traditional work collaboration solutions do not offer:
- File notarization, powered by the Ethereum blockchain, enables clients to notarize files of any format and type, providing irrefutable proof that a file is original and unaltered.
- Electronic signatures that enable multiple people to sign a document remotely. The eSigning service also creates a blockchain-based certificate to ensure the authenticity of the signature and document.
Additional enhancements announced
The launch of Advanced File Sync and Share is part of the regular monthly enhancements made to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, which ensure service providers can offer the most complete and up-to-date cyber protection possible. Other improvements announced include:
- Full support and integration with VMware vCloud Director. Cloud providers hosting with vCloud Director can now offer Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud’s full range of cyber protection capabilities, with no client-side deployment and per-tenant reports for flexible billing.
- Proactive notifications after Microsoft 365 data recovery. Clients can react quickly with proactive notifications following the recovery or downloading of backed-up data on Microsoft 365.
- “Restore Operator” role for Microsoft 365/Google Workspace. MSPs can protect client data and prevent accessibility when assigning the “Restore Operator” role, which allows the assignee to recover data on behalf of the client/user without providing access to the content.
- Advanced audit trail in eSignature certificate. Service providers can know the exact status of a document by viewing a detailed audit trail and tracing the flow of actions within the signature certificate.
- Easily and selectively restore backed-up pictures and videos for Android 2.3.0. Saves time by restoring only the pictures or videos needed by quickly and easily selecting multiple files at once; by days, sequentially.
- Backup slice management for Android 2.3.0. MSPs can view, select, delete, or restore any mobile backup slices of their choice through this intuitive slice management capability.
New third-party integrations
Service providers need to build their offerings using the tools that work for them. That’s why, to ease their administrative efforts, Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is integrated with the commonly used RMM and PSA tools IT service providers rely on.
As part of the July 2021 enhancements, the company also revealed four new integrations, including ConnectWise Command, Jamf Pro, CloudBlue PSA, and Matrix42.
Any service provider interested in learning more about Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud with Advanced File Sync and Share is encouraged to view a demonstration at the Acronis Demo Center or go to https://www.acronis.com/en-us/products/cyber-protect/.
To learn more about Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, please register to attend the Acronis #CyberFit Summit World Tour 2021, kicking off in Miami, Florida, on October 25, 2021.