AMD introduced the Radeon™ RX 500 series, a new line of graphics cards featuring a powerful combination of improved game performance, higher clock speeds, and a refined 2nd generation Polaris architecture, giving PC gamers the best reasons yet to upgrade their graphics.
The Radeon RX 500 series was designed specifically for system upgrades, catering to the 9 out of 10 PC gamers today who are hindered by outdated technology and aren’t able to enjoy optimal experiences in modern games, smooth VR experiences, or the latest display technologies. Radeon™ RX 500 series graphics cards feature a variety of the most compelling new technologies and features including:
- Optimized DirectX® 12 and Vulkan® gaming – The Radeon™ RX 500 series was engineered using the 2nd generation Polaris architecture. It was specifically designed to perform exceptionally well with low-level, next-generation APIs like DirectX 12 and Vulkan and it supports asynchronous compute for outstanding game and VR experiences. Radeon RX 500 series GPUs have been further refined with higher clock speeds, improved idle and multi-monitor efficiency, and the fine-grained controls gamers need to fine-tune their hardware. Combined with Radeon™ FreeSync Technology, gamers can enjoy smooth framerates in virtually every game released, without the frustration of screen tearing and input lag.
- Improved response times, more efficiency, and cooler operation with Radeon™ Chill – Radeon Chill is an advanced framerate controller for the Radeon™ RX 500 series that works automatically in the background (when enabled) to dynamically regulate framerates in today’s most popular games based on the speed of mouse movements and the gamer’s activity in a scene.
- Awesome streaming, sharing, and gameplay capture with Radeon ReLive – The Radeon™ RX 500 series supports the industry’s most revolutionary solution for capturing, customizing, and sharing gameplay. The Radeon ReLive software suite lets gamers enjoy smooth gaming and recording simultaneously, even on entry-level systems, with support for recording at 4K resolution at 30 and 60 FPS using HEVC and H.264 codecs. Radeon ReLive also integrates with the most popular game streaming platforms around the world
“Radeon RX 500 series was built on the promise that PC gaming isn’t an elite club – that all gamers can enjoy the most advanced graphics technologies. Our launch today of the Radeon RX 500 series doubles down on that effort. With higher clock speeds, revolutionary gameplay capture software, latency-reduction technology, aggressive Day 0 driver support, open and affordable standards like Radeon FreeSync, and innovative features like Radeon Chill, we know gamers who have been patiently waiting to upgrade will have more than enough reasons to now,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon Technologies Group.
A wide range of Radeon™ RX 500 Series cards will be available to meet the needs of the overwhelming majority of gamers:
- Radeon™ RX 580: For smooth 1440p gaming – The Radeon RX 580 delivers up to an average of 57% better performance compared to the Radeon™ R9 380X in testing, delivering smooth gaming in leading AAA games and stunning immersive VR experiences for the Radeon™ RX 580 8GB GDDR 5 graphics card and Radeon™ RX 580 4GB GDDR5 graphics card an SRP starting at Php 12,000 with vat. On shelf on 4/18
- Radeon™ RX 570: For maximum 1080p gaming – With 4GB of GDDR5 memory, the Radeon™ RX 570 boasts up to an average of 2.3X better performance compared to the Radeon™ R7 370 for an SRP of Php 10,000 vat inclusive.
- Radeon™ RX 560: For efficient 1080p gaming – With 2GB of GDDR5 memory, the Radeon™ RX 560 delivers up to an average 57% higher performance of the Radeon™ R7 360 for a fluid and smooth gaming experience in the world’s most popular games at an SRP of Php 6,000 vat inclusive.
- Radeon™ RX 550: The doorway to PC gaming – Featuring 2GB GDDR5 memory, the Radeon™ RX 550 delivers up to an average 4X higher performance vs. competing integrated graphics, and up to an average of 1.7X the performance of the Radeon™ R7 250 at an SRP of Php 4,800 vat inclusive. The Radeon™ RX 550 is also ideal for home theater PCs with support for HDMI™ 4K60, 4K playback and HEVC content. It’s also HDR ready, supports Radeon™ FreeSync 2 technology for smooth, tear-free gaming, and ships in many low-profile designs ideal for small form factor cases.
Radeon RX 580 and 570 graphics cards from major AIB partners are available from retailers and etailers around the world, and the Radeon RX 550 graphics card is expected to be available April 20th. Radeon RX 560 graphics cards are planned for release in early May. For more information on where to buy, visit https://www.amd.com/en/where-to-buy/radeon-rx500.
- Become a fan of AMD and Radeon on Facebook
- Follow @Radeon, @AMDRyzen and @AMDGaming on Twitter
- Follow @WeAreRadeon on Instagram
- For more product and technology information, please go to www.radeon.com
For more than 45 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses, and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work, and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.