It turns out, Quality cybersecurity solution is king.
Acronis released its second annual Cyber Protection Week survey, revealing a dangerous disconnect between company’s need to keep their data protected and the ineffective investments they’ve made trying to reach that goal.
While the companies have heftily invested new solutions in protecting remote works amid the ongoing pandemic, they remain ineffective. From the global survey, about 80% of companies running up to 10 different cybersecurity solutions simultaneously. And yet, 50% still encounter downtime from data loss.
The conclusion gathered from this survey is that adding more solutions will not solve cyber threats and data protection challenges. Using different tools to address individual types of security problems only makes it “complicated, inefficient, and costly.”
“These findings confirm our belief that the smarter approach is cyber protection,” said Serguei “SB” Beloussov, Founder and CEO of Acronis.
For a quality cybersecurity solution amid the new normal, Acronis recommended these helpful steps:
- Create backups of essential data. Keep multiple copies of your backups. Create one local copy for fast recovery and one off-site in the cloud. This is to guarantee recovery if a disaster destroys your copies.
- Update your operating systems and applications. Outdated systems and apps lack the security fixes that stop cybercriminals from gaining access. Avoid exploits by regularly patching.
- Avoid suspicious emails, links, and attachments. Most malware infections result from social engineering techniques that trick unsuspecting individuals into opening infected email attachments or clicking on links to websites that host malware.
- Install antivirus, anti-malware, and anti-ransomware software while enabling automatic updates.
- Consider adopting a single cyber protection solution to have the central management and integrated protection needed to meet today’s IT requirements.
More information about the Cyber Protection Week survey is found here.