Conference marks 20th year with a positive economic impact totaling $3.2 billion for the City of San Francisco
ORACLE OPENWORLD, SAN FRANCISCO — September 19, 2016 – This weekend, Oracle welcomes thousands of customers, hundreds of partners, and millions of online attendees from more than 141 countries to Oracle OpenWorld 2016. This year’s ultimate cloud experience, which runs through September 22, brings together top technologists, world leaders, and innovators to share ideas about the future of technology and its impact on the way we live and work. A dynamic line-up of visionaries headline the event, spanning today’s brightest thinkers like best-selling author and educator Adam Grant; renowned economists including Moody’s Mark Zandi; and key political strategists Stephanie Cutter and Mike Murphy. At Oracle’s Customer Appreciation event, record-breaking performance artists Gwen Stefani and Sting take the stage at AT&T Park for an exclusive concert. Top-charting band American Authors kick off Oracle OpenWorld in a special performance at Oracle Cloud Plaza on Howard Street.
On Sunday night, Oracle Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Technology Officer Larry Ellison opens main stage conversations in a keynote about how Oracle innovations are transforming enterprise cloud computing and outlines his vision for the future of IT. Throughout the week, Ellison, Oracle CEO Safra Catz, Oracle CEO Mark Hurd and Oracle President of Product Development Thomas Kurian, will discuss today’s most critical topics, alongside some of the most powerful names in the world of technology and business.
“Oracle OpenWorld 2016 focuses on the success of our customers,” said Judy Sim, Oracle’s Chief Marketing Officer. “Our approach is always to put our attendees first, and in doing so, we ensure that every aspect of the conference sparks learning, fosters networking, promotes innovation, and unites our customers and partners.”
To Learn and Explore:
- Sessions: choose from 2,240 sessions presented by 2,054 customer and partner speakers, 400 Oracle demos, as well as hundreds of partner and customer exhibitions.
- Oracle Keynotes:
- Sunday, 5:00 p.m. – Oracle Executive Chairman and Chief Technology Officer Larry Ellison leads with the future of Oracle Cloud.
- Monday, 9:15 a.m. – Oracle CEO Mark Hurd shares his perspective on the future of technology and the world ahead, and speaks with leaders from top Oracle customers including Joanna Fielding, Chief Financial Officer, HSBC Technology and Services and Patrick Benson, Chief Information Officer, ClubCorp
o Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. – Oracle President of Product Development Thomas Kurian showcases new innovations across Oracle infrastructure, platform, applications and data.
o Tuesday, 1:30 p.m. – Larry Ellison returns to the mainstage to discuss the future of cloud database and infrastructure.
o Wednesday, 9:15 a.m. – John Fowler, Oracle Executive Vice President of Systems, leads an engaging session on database platforms of the future, featuring Juan Loaiza, Senior Vice President, Oracle Systems Technology, and
Oracle Executive Vice President David Donatelli.
o Sunday, 5:15 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Diane Bryant, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Intel’s Data Center Group, shares the technology innovations that Intel, Oracle, and Oracle partners are creating to deliver the next wave of enterprise opportunity.
o Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. – Bhanu Murthy B.M., President and Chief Operating Officer, Wipro, outlines how cloud-powered enterprises are creating value and gaining competitive advantage in the new digital economy.
o Tuesday, 1:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. – Dr. Vishal Sikka, Chief Executive Officer, Infosys, offers his thoughts on how business leaders can leverage artificial intelligence to drive agility and deliver new kinds of value for their companies and stakeholders.
- Oracle Leader’s Circle: Learn from today’s top educators, economists, political scientists and industry thought leaders at this empowering two-day executive program hosted by Oracle CEOs Safra Catz and Mark Hurd.
- Inclusive Leadership Summit: Hear from executives and thought leaders on the cutting edge, including social justice pioneer Billie Jean King, as they connect and share personal perspectives on how inclusive leadership advances employee engagement and increases innovation.
- Collective Learning Pilot: Experience interactive sessions redesigned by Harvard Graduate School of Education’s Project Zero, which uses discussion, personal reflection and information sharing to solve attendees’ business challenges as a community.
- Oracle Education Foundation’s Design Realization Garage: Get creative in hands-on, student-led innovation sessions and watch Design Tech High School (d.tech) students demo their technology prototypes created in Oracle Education Foundation workshops.
To Support the Community and Environment:
- Sustainability and Giving: Uncover a fresh take on food and beverage while enjoying local, organic, healthy food options. Eighty percent of the food at Oracle OpenWorld is sustainably sourced and prepared within 100 miles of Howard Street. Throughout the week of the event, Oracle will donate 7,275 meals to charities in San Francisco.
- Plant a Billion Trees: Learn how The Nature Conservancy and Oracle save forests through donations to plant trees in the United States, Brazil and China that will sequester 290K metric tons of carbon. Oracle will donate $1 million over the next four years.
- JavaOne4Kids: Take part in a one-of-a-kind children’s workshop to inspire the next generation of coders and developers, hosted by Oracle Academy.
- Education: Participate in one of the many education-themed attractions and activities happening at the event. Learn more about Oracle’s $4 billion annual commitment to education and its positive impact on more than 3 million students in 110 countries annually through Oracle Academy, Oracle Giving, and Oracle Education Foundation.
To Connect and Play:
- ORACLE TEAM USA: Meet the America’s Cup champion sailors at Oracle Cloud Plaza on Howard Street and learn how Oracle technology is helping the team defend its title for a second time at the 35th America’s Cup in Bermuda.
- The Café on Howard: Reserve seats for meetings, relaxation, networking and reflection.
- Concerts: See best-selling recording artists, Gwen Stefani and Sting, and celebrate with Oracle customers and partners at the Oracle Appreciation Event in AT&T Park. Also, watch American Authors kick off Oracle OpenWorld in a special performance at the welcome reception on Howard Street.
Following Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle Cloud Days will launch a three-month, 60-city tour showcasing the power of data-driven innovation and digital transformation.
- Download Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne mobile applications
- Live Stream keynotes live from Oracle OpenWorld
- Like Oracle OpenWorld on Facebook
- Follow @OracleOpenWorld on Twitter for the latest #oow16
Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications and platform services. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit oracle.com.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld, the industry’s most important business and technology conference for the past 20 years, hosts tens of thousands of in-person attendees as well as millions online. Dedicated to helping businesses leverage Cloud for their innovation and growth, the conference delivers deep insight into industry trends and breakthroughs driven by technology. Designed for attendees who want to connect, learn, explore and be inspired, Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,200 educational sessions led by more than 2,000 customers and partners sharing their experiences, first hand. With hundreds of demos and hands-on labs, plus exhibitions from more than 400 partners and customers from around the world, Oracle OpenWorld has become a showcase for leading cloud technologies, from Cloud Applications to Cloud Platform and Infrastructure. Oracle OpenWorld 2016 is being held September 18 – September 22 at Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information; to register; or to watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions, and more, visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter.
The JavaOne conference brings together Java experts and enthusiasts for an extraordinary week of learning and networking focused entirely on all things Java. With more than 440 sessions covering topics that span the breadth of the Java universe, keynotes from foremost Java visionaries, tutorials, and expert-led hands-on learning opportunities, JavaOne is the world’s most important event for the Java community. Join the JavaOne discussion on Twitter.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.