AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today released a major upgrade to its advanced software suite for Radeon™ graphics, Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition, designed to give gamers deeply immersive gameplay while engaging with their friends and the gaming community.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition introduces the all-new Radeon™ Overlay, a seamless user interface designed to enable gamers to monitor their GPU performance without ever leaving the game, tailor their gameplay to their unique preferences and connect with their friends, all in one place. AMD is also launching the AMD Link mobile app, being made available to millions of iOS and Android users. A powerful complement to Radeon desktop software, AMD Link serves as a “second screen” for monitoring GPU performance and PC system info, enabling gamers to easily share their greatest gaming moments, and keeping them informed about AMD’s latest updates.
A wide range of features including Radeon™ Chill, Radeon™ WattMan, Enhanced Sync and Radeon™ ReLive – all part of Radeon Software Core Technologies – have also been updated to deliver expanded performance tuning and gaming optimizations.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition continues to set the bar high with remarkable features for allowing gamers to connect with other gamers around the world. Now gamers can tailor their gaming experience directly in-game, use our groundbreaking AMD Link mobile app to monitor their gaming performance on their phone, and in an instant, share their best highlights to their streaming platforms and social networks of choice. We’ve designed Adrenalin Edition as a powerful tool for those who aspire to achieve gaming greatness among friends and the community.
Said Andrej Zdravkovic, corporate vice president of software, Radeon Technologies Group.
Radeon Overlay: Seamless In-Game Interface
- Radeon Overlay empowers gamers to fine-tune their game experience, and monitor, record and share their gameplay without ever leaving the game. Radeon Overlay provides one-click access to Radeon ReLive, Performance Monitoring, Radeon Chill, Frame Rate Target Control (FRTC), Radeon™ FreeSync and Color settings.
AMD Link Mobile App: Connect and Share Your Greatest Gaming Moments
- Available for Android and iOS platforms for your smartphone or tablet, the AMD Link mobile app serves as a powerful complement to Radeon Software on the desktop, at home as a convenient second screen, or on the go. The AMD Link dashboard features streaming and replay with Radeon ReLive, GPU and PC performance monitoring, an AMD news feed, and notifications for new driver releases, making it a valuable new tool to up your game.
Radeon Software Core Technologies: Expanded Performance and Optimizations
- Radeon ReLive: Reliving the excitement of top gaming moments just became easier with added features including a chat integration feature that empowers gamers to engage with their communities while streaming on Facebook, Twitch, Mixer, YouTube, Weibo and more.
“Community, particularly for streamers, has become a vital part of today’s gaming experience,” said Leo Olebe, global director, games partnerships at Facebook. “Radeon ReLive with Facebook Live chat support empowers streamers to seamlessly engage with friends and followers through Facebook during gameplay. We’re thrilled to team up with AMD to help gamers build their communities and share their proudest moments in real-time.”
- Radeon Chill: With Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, Radeon Chill now supports games based on the Vulkan® API, along with DirectX® 9, 10, 11, and 12, helping make quiet, cool and responsive gaming more accessible than ever before.
- Radeon WattMan: Radeon WattMan, AMD’s revolutionary power management technology, allows gamers to save and access their custom GPU profiles on their PCs at any time.1 With Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, custom profiles can be saved, reloaded at a later point and shared with the Radeon user community.
- Enhanced Sync: With improved compatibility and an even wider field of view, Enhanced Sync extends its support to Vulkan® API-based games, Radeon GCN architecture-based products, Multi-GPU and AMD Eyefinity Technology to provide a deeply-immersive gaming experience.
- Download Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition here
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter @AMD
- Follow Radeon™ Pro on Twitter
- Follow Radeon™ graphics on Twitter
- “We’ve entered a new era of connected worldwide gaming, evolved from a mostly solitary venue. AMD’s Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition enables users to immerse themselves in smooth gameplay while engaging with their friends and gaming community in real-time. Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition is the answer to a more integrated and connected gaming community.” – Jon Peddie, Jon Peddie Research
- “Modern gamers demand a much more intuitive and immersive experience than ever before. AMD’s Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition is a direct response to what gamers want – to connect with other gamers around the world and integrate seamlessly with users’ social feeds. The improvements to AMD Chill and ReLive are impressive, while the AMD Link mobile app offers flexibility to access performance data from anywhere or as a second screen from home. The bottom line is a software package that’s specifically designed for the gaming community’s evolving needs and increased expectations.” – Neal Robison, Moor Insights & Strategy
- “With Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, AMD is certainly pushing the envelope in terms of software features and performance. The introduction of AMD Link, a first of its kind mobile app for gamers, shows that AMD understands what millions of today’s gamers want: a personalized, social, multi-screen entertainment experience. AMD continues to optimize for next-gen low-overhead APIs like DirectX® 12 and Vulkan®, with expanded API support for features like Enhanced Sync and Radeon Chill, making latency-free, efficient performance available for more games than ever before.” – Lewis Ward, IDC
- “I have seen Radeon Software leadership performance in some of the biggest titles of the year like Forza Motorsport 7, Destiny 2 and Wolfenstein 2, and now AMD has raised the bar further for high performance, power efficient gaming. Taking full advantage of Radeon graphics’ advanced feature set and performance, Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition’s Radeon Overlay offers unprecedented control over the gaming experience, letting users tailor their gameplay to their unique preferences and monitor, record and share GPU performance in real-time. This intuitive new interface gives Radeon gamers the most optimized, maximized experience possible in today’s most popular games.” – Rob Enderle, Enderle Group
- “The commitment from AMD to the software side of the enthusiast and gaming segment continues to shine through with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition. The latest release offers compelling and unique features that should excite gamers, especially AMD Link – the mobile device app, and the new Radeon Overlay that allows for access and control to all kinds of settings and monitoring, all without leaving the in-game action. Feature improvements for Radeon ReLive (capture and streaming), Enhanced Sync, Radeon Chill, and more complement the release to offer a substantial upgrade for Radeon users.” – Ryan Shrout, Shrout Research