In line with physical distancing and reducing the risk of spreading COVID-19, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) will soon implement a cashless and contactless transaction in toll expressways.
Concerned agencies under DOTr including the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB), Land Transportation Office (LTO), Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), Public Utility Vehicles (PUVs) must form new processes and procedures that guarantees smooth implementation of the new policy by three months, according to the Department Order 2020-012 signed by DOTr Secretary Arthur Tugade.
These are the expressways that will adopt to contactless payments:
• South Luzon Expressway (SLEX)
• Manila-Cavite Toll Expressway (CAVITEX)
• North Luzon Expressway (NLEX)
• South Metro Manila Skyway
• Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) Tollway
• Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX)
• Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX).
It also covers all road networks and extension of the existing expressways that may be constructed, established, or operated as expressway toll facilities, as per DOTr