The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) concluded this year’s National ICT Month with the launch of 20 Wi-Fi sites in underserved areas of Isabela and Lamitan in Basilan through the Free Wi-Fi for All Program.
Spearheaded by DICT Mindanao Cluster 1 (MC1), the agency believes that the provision of free Internet to the province of Basilan will benefit the region and its citizens, especially amid the COVID-19 crisis.
According to DICT Mindanao Cluster 1 Regional Director Maria Teresa Camba, the DICT MC1 plans to deploy more Wi-Fi sites in Basilan in the coming months.
The following areas are now Wi-Fi connected:
- DICT Basilan Provincial Office
- Basilan National High School
- Basilan Provincial Capitol
- Basilan Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office
- Basilan Provincial Library
- Infantry Brigade101 Headquarters, Isabela City
- Isabela City Hall
- Isabela City Maritime Police
- Isabela City Port
- Isabela City Post Office
- Malamawi National High School
- 18th Infantry Battalion, Armed Forces of the Philippines Camp, Lamitan City
- Business Center, Lamitan City
- Datu Kalun Plaza, Lamitan City
- Digital Hub, Lamitan City
- Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office, Lamitan City
- Lamitan City Hall
- Lamitan City Health Office
- Lamitan City Port
- Lamitan City Infirmary