With the continuous and rapid advancements in Artificial Intelligence, MediaTek embraces AIoT that brings wider capabilities and greater potential for any developing smart devices.
MediaTek is among the few companies internationally that is enabling true AIoT devices thanks to its unique capability in highly energy efficient, high performance SoCs, its development of an industry-leading AI processor for embedded devices, and its unmatched global ecosystem of partners.
These allow more nuanced devices that offer a number of benefits such as:
- Faster response times: Processing information locally on a device, rather than sending information to the cloud, reduces lag time for a better user experience.
- Growing demand for user privacy and data protection: Users are sharing more and more information with their devices, making privacy and data protection more of a concern. Edge AI processing minimizes security risks by keeping information on a device, instead of sending it back and forth to the cloud.
- Need for ubiquitous function availability: Edge AI allows consumers to use smart functions on their devices even when they are not connected to the Internet.
- Ease connection requirements: Statista predicts that by 2025 there will be over 75 billion IoT devices installed worldwide. This continuous growth of data created by Internet-connected devices has been posing a challenge for network infrastructure; processing information at the edge reduces the burden on networks.
- Situational or environmental awareness: Enabling each device to make decisions in real-time based on what’s happening around them. For example, building management services that react to different hotspots of temperature and humidity, or smart cities where traffic signals react to changes in traffic flows, or street lights that act according to local brightness or the presence of people.
MediaTek’s AIoT program can be implemented at home, enterprise, industrial, healthcare, retail, cities or any other IoT-driven spaces, spurring AI innovation from startups to large enterprises with the goal of designing a wide range of AIoT devices for new user experiences and new market opportunities.
Starting with one of the ‘Pumpkin’ hardware development kits that makes new idea from scratch easier, choose from various peripheral add-ons, connectivity and variety of software stack. From there, product developers can then welcome MediaTek’s huge AIoT partner ecosystem that includes a span of global ODMs, IDHs, design services and more, driving a design as far as desired.
To learn more about MediaTek AIoT opportunities, kindly visit this link: https://www.mediatek.com/products/iot/aiot