With the Covid-19 cases rapidly growing in the Philippines, it is imperative more than ever to maintain good hygiene and social distancing so as to avoid risk from being infected by the virus. But what are for the things we use all the time, say, smartphones?
According to one of the leading smartphone manufacturers in the country, Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp. Ltd. (OPPO), we should.
In its simplest and comprehensive form, OPPO offered tips to keep your phones risk-free from bacteria and even coronavirus.
- Before using or cleaning your phone, wash or sanitize your hands. To avoid transferring the microbes to the thing, it is apparent to wash your hands first.
- Use soft, lint-free or microfiber cloth. Avoid rough cloths such as towers and paper towels as these would damage the screen of your phone.
- Use 70% isopropyl alcohol, rather than just water for effective sanitization.
- You may also use hand soaps with alcohol content as an alternative. Just put droplets on the screen and gently wipe the entire body of the phone using the designated cloth.
- Ultraviolet (UV) light, specifically the UV-C light, can also be used to disinfect your phone if you had that one in your possession.
Make sure to clean your hands afterward with the whole process. An alcohol a day, kills the bacteria away, as the alternative saying goes.