The California tech giant, Apple Incorporation, announced to become carbon neutral by 2030 for all its operations, which includes manufacturing, meaning there will be no effect on climate from all its devices developed and sold.

In its efforts to push for environment-friendly initiatives, the company plans to reduce emissions by 75% by 2030 while developing “innovative carbon removal solutions” for the remaining 25% of its comprehensive footprint.

This also involves investing in projects to restore savannas in Kenya and a mangrove ecosystem in Colombia to remove or store carbon.

“Businesses have a profound opportunity to help build a more sustainable future, one born of our common concern for the planet we share,” said Apple chief executive Tim Cook. “Climate action can be the foundation for a new era of innovative potential, job creation, and durable economic growth.”

Apple has commitments from over 70 suppliers to use 100% renewable energy for its production. The company would also establish an “accelerator” fund to invest in minority-owned businesses to contribute to the initiative, as part of its $100 million commitment to promote racial equity and justice.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here